My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Thursday, May 15, 2008

Grateful Wednesday/ a day late

Please join me in celebrating Grateful Wednesday again, even if it is a little late. I feel so incredibly blessed in so many ways, so I'm just going to pull a few things for which I feel particularly grateful this week.
1. I'm grateful for dance recitals, especially with leggy adolescents who transform from awkward pre-teens to beautiful dancers.
2. I'm grateful for middle school band concerts. What a miracle to see a group of kids who'd never even held an instrument ten months ago play a series of pieces together. It touched the heart of this old music major.
3. I'm grateful for coach pitch baseball. My son had his first game this week with a hit and a run! Little boys pulling together as a team to win a game--that's the stuff that shapes their lives. Who is ever fired from a job for making a C in 7th grade algebra? People are unsuccessful because they can't work with others. Seeing my kids cooperate and play as a part of a team is a blessing.
4. I'm grateful for Little Goose Nest preschool. Next week, my son will 'graduate'. For the past five years, I've had a child as this wonderful preschool, and I will miss the wonderful teachers there. My boys have learned so much about life and caring for others and other beautiful preschool things. And none of this crap like French for preschoolers or computer training. This preschool is the real deal, all about social development, working in an educational environment, etc. A good preschool is a beautiful thing. All hail Mrs. B.
5. I'm grateful for the Ped Egg. Does anyone out there have one? They're fantastic. I highly recommend it. I won't gross you out with the details except to say it will save you a ton on pedicures.
6. I'm grateful for small town living, front porch sitting, neighbors gathering in the streets, and kids riding bikes all evening.
7. I'm grateful for the wonderful women of my Thursday morning Bible study, especially our wonderful new musician who speaks my language.

Everyone have a wonderful week, and PlEASE share your Gratefulness!

1 comment:

Diane said...

1. I'm grateful for Junior Achievement and the wonderful program they have called BizTown which allows kids to run a town all by themselves. I was very impressed with what the kids learned and what they were able to accomplish. If you have one in your area, I urge you to check it out.
2. I'm grateful the sun has found the mid-west.
3. I'm grateful that school's almost over and I'll be able to sleep in soon.
4. I'm grateful that both my children will proceed to the next grade level in the fall.
5. I'm grateful that I feel somewhat confident they can handle proceeding to the next grade level.
6. I'm grateful my husband has picked out our vacation spot AND the home in which we'll be staying.
7. I'm grateful the kids are jazzed about the idea.
8. I'm totally grateful they're still young enough to WANT to vacation with us.
9. I'm grateful the dog gets to go too. Well, maybe I should get back to you on that one...


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman