My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Monday, May 19, 2008

I Made the List

I just had to share with you guys. My favorite gift from my husband and kids is shown on the left. Look closely at the People magazine and see who made the 100 Most Beautiful People List. Of course, I'm honored to have been chosen. Shocked and humbled. I'd like to thank my genes, of course, because making the most beautiful people list is nothing more than THAT! ha Anyway, I loved it.

I will share more of my birthday as the week goes on. This morning I have my preschool son's 'graduation' program from preschool along with their play and luncheon. Please pray for me that I don't cry like a baby. I'm afraid if I start, I won't be able to stop. I don't want to be one of these moms who projects negative associations to kindergarten and thus impedes his attitude the first day. He needs to know I'll be happy to see him go, which I probably will after a summer with the four kids, but right now, I'm still in a funk. But trying to get out.

Just a couple of weeks until summer vacation for the other kids, as well. It seems like I have a list a mile long of things to do before they get out of school, not to mention write. And I still haven't sent in my Chautauqua stuff. Maybe today. God willing and the creek don't rise, right?

Well, I need to run, but I'll be back soon. I just wanted to share my big news with you. It's not every day one makes it on such a list. xoxox Have a great week.

p.s. And for you writer friends out there (God bless you, really), keep your eye on the Query Shark website. I sent in a query for her to devour, and you should, too! Check it out at www.queryshark.blogspot.com (How do I make this a link? Experienced bloggers out there, help! E-mail me and tell me how to make it a link!) I'll add it to my favorites link on the bottom left ot the blog. Have a great day!

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman