My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Friday, January 30, 2009

Poetry Friday- whoo hoo!

So what a week, eh? Hope everyone out there is well and ready for a little angst poetry today. After all the angst-ridden reading I've done in the last week, I was ready for a little venting myself. I'm shopping a finished picture book with agents in addition to keeping the magazine stuff circulating, so I'm back in the business of rejection letters. So in a low moment, I threw a little something together for Poetry Friday. I even put it to music--wish I could figure out how to share that here...

My eyes are getting squinty.
I've got rejections-plenty.
But I still write, write, write.

It's so temping to quit it.
I'm discouraged, I admit it.
But I still write, write, write.

Cause something in me, hey,
Won't let me tear away
From my protag's plight
So I still write, write, write.

So I guess I'll just keep going
And hope the story's flowing
Better go now and write, write, write...

Any of you out there have any angst this week? If you don't have your own, channel your inner teen-ager. Angst Aplenty. See, I've even given you a title?

Join me and shoot out a little poetry of your own. Remember, it's good for you! xoxox

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

good poem, Donna. It flows. Wonder if you could get it published in Writer's Digest or at least Pen and Pallet?

Good luck with the PB you're sending around.

Write2ignite said...

I like it! Mine is really thrown together - so ignore the end rhymes that are perfect. :)


Submission Angst

Like the crashing of waves
on the sand studded shore
Frustration breaks over my day
I scream deep inside
I’d like to go hide
I need a few moments to pray

Enough with the “forms”
Enough with “next time”
Enough with the “thanks – but not thanks”
With each little “no”
My frustration grows
I need dough to put in the bank!

Write2ignite said...

I meant to say that are NOT perfect!!! ARRRGGGH!!!


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman