I'm grateful for so many different things today.
1. My dad stopped by. Very nice.
2. My daughter fell in love with windsurfing.
3. The temperature hit 80--yee haw!
4. Snuggling by the chiminea with the kiddos tonight
5. OS having a ball at camp
6. OD playing more tennis
7. Getting off to a good start to the summer
8. Selling a short storytoday to a favorite mag!
9. Health, safety and preciousness of family
10. I am grateful for our cozy little cottage in nags Head--the perfect place to spend summer.
We're just getting into a routine, complete with a little chiminea snuggling tonight. I'm such a routine girl,butI'm tryinogo with he flow, too, be more Stargirl, you know? My keyboard is screwed up, BTW, hope it doesn't drive you as crazy as me! Anyway, kids have stopped begging for a TV and started climbing the tree, riding bikes, and fixing each others' hair--important first steps.
My husband's back is doing better, and I"m on Atkins Day 5, not too miserable yet
I've been re-reading Stargirl and thinking that I need to unleash the Stargirl within. Unfortunately, she's deep within. This may take a while. So bear with me if you see me dancing around a football game or singing with my ukelele...
note to self: get a ukelele, no kidding, I really want one
My Mission Statement
I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.