My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Wednesday, September 2, 2009

JULIE AND JULIA, publishing update and goals

The crisp, cool air is here in abundance, and I'm itching for the fair to arrive. We enjoyed a special, memorable summer, but I'm happy to see the fall. I'm writing in my office with the porch door thrown open. The breeze is just the thing to keep me awake this slow-moving morning. Everyone is back in their routines, thank goodness, and we are off to a great start for a successful school year. At least that's what I'm hoping...

First of all, I saw JULIE AND JULIA last night. I can't remember if I blogged about the book or not (I read it this summer), but the movie was FABULOUS. I must see it again. And for all my writing friends out there, it is a must-see. You will identify with the blogging of her self-absorbed friend (is that me???) and Julie's response to her first blog comment and those that follow. Without giving too much away, there are some touching scenes that relate to Julia Child's struggle with publication, as well. I loved it. As I watched it, I couldn't wait to see it again and tell everyone I know to see it, too.

I've been swamped with little things this week that are taking me away from editing the last 38 pages of STUDYDORK. My goal is to finish the editing process and send it out THIS MONTH. Do you think it's possible? I don't know, but I'm darn well going to try. I dug out my copy of THE WAR OF ART in the hopes that it will inspire me just by sitting on my desk. Not yet, but I think it's about to happen.

The good news is NO REJECTIONS YET on Pillow, the Sea Dog and only two on Traffic Symphony. I'm afraid to hope, but it makes me think someone is at least considering the possibility of considering it. Who knows? I just have to do my job and keep plugging along and maybe one day... Once I get STUDYDORK out, I know that process will take a long time because it's a novel, I want to do a final edit, rework on ANCHOR to finish by November 1st. My goal is to begin a new novel November 1st for NaNoWriMo. I hope some of you writers out there will join me!!

Have a great day. My great week of birthdays is fast approaching. I need to get on the stick and get a gift for each of them.

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman