My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Good Night Goon by Michael Rex and other things

First of all, I must tell you about this picture book, GOOD NIGHT GOON by Michael Rex. It's a parody on GOOD NIGHT MOON (you probably already figured that out, right?), and you'll see that the cover, the pages, everything very closely resemble GOOD NIGHT MOON except it's a Halloween version. For the elementary age child who loved GOOD NIGHT MOON, this book is sure to be a popular one for Halloween. They'll love reading it and reciting their favorite GOOD NIGHT MOON lines to see how they compare. Now that said, I wonder how Margaret Wise Brown feels about the whole thing. Also, I can't miss a chance to mention my favorite Halloween book of all time HALLOWEINER. If you don't know this book, you should. It's the greatest, funny picture book of all time, IMHO.

I've had an interesting couple of days. From backing into a brand new Jaguar whose owner yelled at me "Did you know this car cost $100,000?" (as my sympathy melted away) to my constant grouchiness due to an earache that makes every sound loud and painful to leaving my car downtown yesterday and my sweet dog's little seizure last night to the fact that I can't seem to wake up this morning....I'm just a little out of it. But here's the thing about my job, I can't just stop because I don't feel like it. I have to press on, so my Banker ponies story will take precedence today.

What are YOU doing today that you don't feel like doing? Maybe I'll post that on facebook and see what comes up...

No comments:


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman