My Mission Statement

I write to serve, to unite, to educate. I write to share literature and flesh out ideas that may be of interest to others. I write to document an emotion, experience, or a blip in time. My mission is to write in such a way that the reader is reminded that we can find humor in all situations. It's one of the great blessings of life.


Monday, October 19, 2009

Return to the Fold

After days of rain and darkness, the sun has returned. The sky is blue again, and I am drinking chocolate milk. I don't think I've had chocolate milk since I was last pregnant. Could life get any better?

A friend visited this week-end, and we went down to Nags Head to enjoy the nor'easter, rain and forty degree weather. It was a special week-end, and now I'm fired up to write. Plus, we brought us some signed Lauren Myracle books which was so cool!

We rode up to Corova to see the wild ponies which I hadn't done in years (and I had never taken a guided tour). It was interesting on countless levels, so I'm hoping to shape it into a story. We'll see what happens.

PLUS, NANOWRIMO is coming! VERY soon the process will begin, so those of you who have ver wanted to write a novel, here's your big chance. National Novel Writing Month is just around the corner. Just do it!

Everyone has recovered from the flu, thank goodness, although a couple of kids haven't had it. Hopefully, they won't, but it's only October, miles to go before we sleep.

Have a great week. I promise to step up the blog entries this week since I shorted you last week. xox

1 comment:

Write2ignite said...

How can you NOT have had chocolate milk in that long? That's a crime in these here parts! ;)

NaNoWriMo is on my list of things to do. Maybe I'll make it past a few thousand words this year! :0

Glad everyone is feeling better, too!

hugs,
Donna


Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Isabel by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman

Major Bear at the Grove Park Inn by Donna Jones Koppelman